Fish And Chips
600g fish fillets
A pinch salt
White pepper, to taste
8ml lemon juice
180g all-purpose flour
160g tempura flour
4g baking soda
400ml cold water
Canola oil, for frying
Tartar sauce, vinegar and chips, (to serve)
Parsley leaves, (to garnish)
- Marinate fish in salt, pepper, lemon juice and mustard for 5-10 minutes.
- Dust with some all-purpose flour.
- Set aside.
- To make batter, mix salt and pepper, all-purpose flour, tempura flour, baking soda and cold water.
- Dip fish fillets in batter, coat evenly and deep-fry until golden brown.
- Serve fish with chips and garnish with parsley.
- Add tartar sauce and vinegar if desired.