400g beef, (cut into strips)
2 garlic cloves, (sliced)
1 red chilli, (chopped)
1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, (finely julienned)
50g unsalted cashew nuts, (roughly chopped)
45ml sweet chilli sauce
15ml tomato sauce
45ml soy sauce
200g broccoli florets, (blanched)
1 bunch spring onions, (cut at an angle)
- Heat oil in a wok or a large pan over high heat.
- Fry beef strips quickly in two to three batches until golden brown on all sides.
- Be sure to cook them in batches – if you put too many pieces in the pan at one go, meat will steam and not fry.)
- Remove meat from pan and set aside. In the same pan, fry garlic, chilli, ginger and cashew nuts.
- Add tomato sauce, soy sauce and 100ml water.
- Heat until mixture reaches boiling point then lower to a simmer for about 2 minutes before adding beef strips.
- Add broccoli and heat all the way through.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with fried rice.