Banana Fruit Cake With Kiwi Topping
11/4 tsp baking powder
2 mashed ripe bananas
1 cup kiwi relish for topping
- Sift together the flour and the baking powder and keep aside.
- Grind the sugar in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Add the oil, and the eggs and run the mixer so that the mixture blends well together.
- Blend till the mixture is smooth and remove to a mixing bowl.
- Add the maida with the baking powder a little at a time into the beaten liquid mixture and blend gently with a wooden spoon.
- Also mix in the mashed banana and gently mix again.
- Grease a round baking dish and pour this mixture into the baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees Centigrade for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 140 and bake for a further 10 minutes or insert a skewer to see if the cake is done.
- If the skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake, the cake is ready.
- Put off the oven and allow the cake to cool in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Bring the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Spread the kiwi relish and serve.